Inspired by My Morning Routine, we are showcasing the routines of our extraordinary students.
Shadrack’s daily routine:
- What time do you get up in the morning? Do you use an alarm? Do you hit snooze?
Weekdays I wake up around 5H00-5H30, but on weekends around 6H00-6H45, when it’s school season I use a timer to wake me up (alarm).
- What is the first thing you do every day?
Before I get out of bed, I read for about 20-25 minutes on weekends, but school days I do warm-up activities.
- Tell us about your morning routine before leaving the house
School days, I wake up and tidy my bedroom, bath and prepare my books and then walk to school. On weekends I do my laundry around 7-8am, fetch water from the neighbor, clean the house and do the doing dishes. Then I will bath and go to Imagine Scholar. On Sundays, I do some domestic work before church.
- What time do you leave for school?
I leave the house 6H30, late is 6H45.
- What time do you leave school? What happens then?
After school bell rings at 14H15 at my school I go to the taxi station to Imagine Scholar, except on Wednesday because school out is at 13H30. We use the remaining time for sports.
- What time do you head to Imagine Scholar?
From school, around 14H45 if only am not delayed by the taxi or other activities, such as submitting work after class at school.
- While at IS, what takes up most of your time? What are you most focused on?
On computer doing crash course, individual research on passion questions. Sometimes reading a book before class or session, but not always. When it exam season, its academics.
- Where do you go after IS and how do you spend your time?
After Imagine Scholar, I go to Church for 2 hours and other days just straight home and assist my sister on the home chores when she is not done. If I have plenty of time I will read a novel before I jump to study or doing homework.
- When do you have dinner and spend time with your family or friends?
At home we don’t have a special dinner time, immediately we finish cooking we eat, most of the time it is around 7pm running to 8pm if we are not at Church that day.
- What time do you go to bed?
If am not studying or completing any school-related work am sleeping at 10pm summer and winter 9H30 pm. When I have work to be done that day, I take as much time until I feel like I need to rest.