Inspired by My Morning Routine, we are showcasing the routines of our extraordinary students.
Portia’s daily routine:
1) What time do you get up in the morning? Do you use an alarm? Do you hit snooze?
I usually get up at 7 for an 8 o’clock class. I don’t use an alarm all the time. If it happens that I have it on, I snooze it all the time.
2) What is the first thing you do every day?
Usually, I spend 10 minutes in bed while awake, and think about things I have to get done that day.
3) Tell us about your morning routine before leaving the house
I always make sure that every morning I do 50 jumping jacks before taking a shower. It always gets me ready for the day. If I have time after getting ready I eat breakfast, if not I eat a fruit on my way to class.
4) What time do you leave for school?
I leave 10 minutes before class because the campus is only 5 to 7 minutes away.
5) What time do you leave school? What happens then?
I finish most of my classes before or at 1 o’clock. I immediately go back to res and get lunch. After having lunch, I head straight to my room to take a nap and wake up at 5 o’clock and take a shower. Afterwards, I make dinner and get my study material ready to study. I don’t usually study during the day because I always feel tired, and use it as time to process what I learned that day.
6) What time do you head to Imagine Scholar?
I usually go there when I have finished my chores for the day.
7) While at IS, what takes up most of your time? What are you most focused on?
I usually take part in classes when I do not have anything pressing to do. I sometimes make a plan for the semester ahead, evaluating my performance for the previous semester, and how do I plan to improve. I also hang out with everyone or read books.
8) Where do you go after IS and how do you spend your time?
I always go home and spent time watching TV and talk to my siblings. I also help them with school work if need be.
9) When do you have dinner and spend time with your family or friends?
Usually at 7 pm, and I spend time with my family and friends during the weekends or on days when I did not go to Imagine scholar.
10) What time do you go to bed?
At 9:30 pm when I am home, but at school, I sleep at 11:30.